The Inherent vice of Capitalism is unequal sharing of blessings and the inherent virtue of Socialism is equal sharing of misery.
An interesting topic, which required some awareness of the two political and economic systems. Some points worth exploring in this essay were:
1) The historical development of Capitalism as a major force shaping the modern world.
2) The rise of Socialism as a countering force as visualized by Karl Marx and other thinkers.
3) Major Socialist movements such as the Russian Revolution.
4) How Capitalism came to be viewed as a credo and how the world got bi-polarized into the Capitalist and Socialist blocks.
5) Lessons from the 20th century- how Socialism and Communism failed to stem the economic collapse of Russia. Ironically enough, the virtue ‘of equal sharing of misery failed to sustain Socialist governments’.
6) The enduring appeal of Capitalism even though the vice of unequal distribution of wealth persists- example of how erstwhile Socialist regimes like China are embracing market Capitalism today.