It has finally been confirmed – CAT is definitely going to be a computer based test (CBT) from this year.
As per this press release from IIM Bangalore:
- The Common Admission Test (CAT) of the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) is going to be a Computer Based Test (CBT) from this year onwards, comparable to the existing tests such as GMAT, GRE, and TOEFL.
- The test will be conducted in a window of about ten days sometime at the end of the calendar year.
- CBT CAT will be a candidate-friendly test in terms of flexibility in the selection of test date, ease of registration process, better physical environment and test experience, and enhanced security in terms of biometric identification of candidates and video monitoring.
- IIMs have selected Prometric ETS to be their partner in delivering the computer-assisted CAT.
- More details will be available on the computerised CAT along with the advertisement for CAT to be released later this summer.
To know more about the impact of CAT going online on your preparation, please read this post from the CL Academic Team.
To take an online test, click here.