Test Date- 30th January 2010 and 31st January 2010.
Pattern of the test: There were 120 questions in the paper, spread over three sections QA+ DI(48 qs), LR(40 qs) VA/RC(32 qs). The order of sections varied with the test takers.
Based on the broad feedback, the level of difficulty was easy to moderate with VA/RC being the easiest section followed by LR and QA+DI sections. An attempt of 105+ with an accuracy of 90-95% should be considered good. A few students could even manage an attempt of all the 120 questions in the test.
Test environment and interface: Test environment/process was quite smooth and glitch free. Test centers are quite spacious and the test administration was also quite well managed. Enough pages for rough work were provided.
Test interface was similar to the one given in NMAT test Demo. Few noticeable features were:
- Questions appeared one at a time
- There were two buttons on each page: Next (Leads to the next question), Previous (Leads to the previous questions)
- A test taker could not jump to any desired question number directly, he/she had to press next or previous button repeatedly to reach the desired question number
- Review button was available only once a test taker reached the last question (QN-120)
- There was a possibility to flag the questions to review it later
- Attempt questions in whatever sequence they come. Don’t be worried about the order of the sections
- Keep your level of accuracy and efficiency high
- Don’t get stuck in any question, keep moving to the next question, flag the questions if you feel that you can do it later
- Few errors were reported in the test by a few test takers, so make sure you don’t waste unnecessary time in any question, specially in QA+DI and LR sections